Contains magazine and journal articles for nearly all research areas and areas of interest. The full text for most articles is available. (EBSCO)
Health & Medicine
Focuses on the many perspectives of complementary, holistic, and integrated approaches to health care and wellness. (EBSCO)
Health-related topics from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine. (EBSCO)
Reliable information and articles from magazines, journals, news and reference sources in all areas of interest including art and music, literature, language arts, geography, history, social studies, world cultures and languages, science, technology, engineering, mathematics, health, and sports.
Video: Introduction to Explora
Includes Academic Search Premier, Business Source Premier, MasterFILE Premier, Consumer Health Complete, Health Source - Consumer Edition, and Science Reference Center databases. (EBSCO)
Collection of online reference books and encyclopedias covering topics from Art to History to Medicine (formerly known as Gale Virtual Reference Library).
At the library:
Access Gale Ebooks here, no library card needed.
- American Eras: Primary Sources: Vol. 1 Development of the Industrial United States, 1878-1899 (2013)
- American Eras: Primary Sources: Vol. 2 Civil War and Reconstruction, 1860-1877 (2013)
- American Eras: Primary Sources: Vol. 3 Westward Expansion, 1800-1860 (2014)
- Bioethics: 4th ed. (2014)
- Career Information Center: 10th ed. (2014)
- Encyclopedia of African-American Culture and History: 2nd ed. (2006)
- Encyclopedia of Business and Finance: 3rd ed. (2014)
- Encyclopedia of Clothing and Fashion : (2005)
- Encyclopedia of Philosophy: 2nd ed. (2006)
- Encyclopedia of Religion: 2nd ed. (2005)
- Environmental Encyclopedia: 4th ed. (2011)
- Gale Encyclopedia of American Law: 3rd ed. (2011)
- Gale Encyclopedia of Children's Health: Infancy through Adolescence 2nd ed. (2011)
- Gale Encyclopedia of Everyday Law: 3rd ed. (2013)
- Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine: 4th ed. (2011)
- Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Health: 3rd ed. (2012)
- Gale Encyclopedia of Multicultural America: 3rd ed. (2014)
- Gale Encyclopedia of Nursing and Allied Health: 3rd ed. (2013)
- Gale Encyclopedia of Public Health : (2013)
- Gale Encyclopedia of Surgery and Medical Tests: 3rd ed. (2014)
- Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia: Extinction (2013)
- Human Diseases and Conditions: 2nd ed. (2010)
- Shakespeare for Students: Critical Interpretations of Shakespeare's Plays and Poetry 2nd ed (2007)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture: 2nd ed. (2013)
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations: 13th ed. (2012)
Access to full-text, consumer health magazines, pamphlets, health reference books, and Clinical Reference Systems reports. (EBSCO)
Access to scholarly full-text journals focusing on many medical disciplines, including strong coverage of nursing & allied health. (EBSCO)
Directory of articles and reports on all areas of medicine, public health, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, and the basic biomedical sciences.
Find information on medical topics, symptoms, drugs, procedures, news and more, written in everyday language.
Journal of the U.S. Public Health Service, focusing on public health practice, research, and viewpoints/commentaries.
Portions of Public Health Reports, Federal recommendations, guidelines, the Surgeon General's Perspectives column, abstracts, and content from Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH) are open access. All other content is available 12 months after publication.
Websites, videos, articles, mobile apps, and more, on subjects such as anxiety, self-care, and mindfulness. All resources are free, but some include for-profit content.