Reading Mentoring for Saint Paul Students Grades 1-5
The Reading Together program fosters the joy of reading and boosts reading skills through mentorship and creative play.
Students and trained mentors meet weekly, one-on-one, to work on grade-level reading skills.
- be in grades 1-5
- read just below grade level
- live in or attend school in Saint Paul
- have a teacher's signature included on the application
Check back in September 2018 for applications for the 2018-2019 school year.
When & Where
Reading Together follows the Saint Paul Public Schools calendar. Pairs meet for one-hour sessions Monday - Thursday 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. and on weekends. Reading Together can occur at any Saint Paul Public Library Location.
Student and Parent Commitment
Students must arrive on time at the library and attend one-hour, weekly sessions during the 2018-2019 school year. Parents are also expected to remain in the library while their child is tutored.
Volunteer Reading Mentors
The mission of the Reading Together program is to foster the joy of reading and boost reading skills through mentorship and creative play.
Reading Together mentors must:
- be at least 16 years old
- be proficient in reading and writing
- have a keen interest in helping children succeed
- commit to meet one hour per week throughout the school year
- attend a required, free training
- submit to a background check
To volunteer, please download an application, visit a Saint Paul Public Library location, or call 651-266-7437.