Free access to e-books, downloadable magazines, audiobooks, learning tools, online research resources and more!
Beginning February 1, 2023, passwords will be required for OverDrive and the Libby app.
E-books from OverDrive
LinkedIn Learning Library
Transparent Language Online
Tutorial: Libby E-books, E-audiobooks, and Digital Magazines
Digital Library FAQs
To check out e-books or e-audiobooks in the Libby app or on the OverDrive website, you need:
- a Saint Paul Public Library card, or
- a library card from the Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, or Washington County Library that has been registered with Saint Paul Public Library.
E-books for Kindles are available from OverDrive. Please note that note that not all titles are available in the Kindle format.
The basics of borrowing an e-book from OverDrive for your Kindle are:
- Log in to OverDrive using your library card number
- Find a book and check it out.
- Use the “send to Kindle” option to open up your Amazon account in a new window.
- Choose your Kindle device and click the button to send it over wirelessly.
More information from OverDrive about borrowing e-books for Kindles.
If LinkedIn Learning or the LinkedIn Learning app asks for a library ID, enter sppl.
More information about LinkedIn Learning.
You can have up to 15 holds on e-books and e-audiobooks in OverDrive or on the Libby app.