OverDrive / Libby
Frequently Asked Questions
To check out e-books or e-audiobooks in the Libby app or on the OverDrive website, you need:
- a Saint Paul Public Library card, or
- a library card from the Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, or Washington County Library that has been registered with Saint Paul Public Library.
E-books for Kindles are available from OverDrive.
The basics of borrowing an e-book from OverDrive for your Kindle are:
- Log in to OverDrive using your library card number
- Find a book and check it out.
- Use the “send to Kindle” option to open up your Amazon account in a new window.
- Choose your Kindle device and click the button to send it over wirelessly.
You can have up to 15 holds on e-books in OverDrive.