Download e-books for your mobile device.
OverDrive / Libby
Frequently Asked Questions
To check out e-books or e-audiobooks in the Libby app or on the OverDrive website, you need:
- a Saint Paul Public Library card, or
- a library card from the Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, or Washington County Library that has been registered with Saint Paul Public Library.
E-books for Kindles are available from OverDrive. Please note that note that not all titles are available in the Kindle format.
The basics of borrowing an e-book from OverDrive for your Kindle are:
- Log in to OverDrive using your library card number
- Find a book and check it out.
- Use the “send to Kindle” option to open up your Amazon account in a new window.
- Choose your Kindle device and click the button to send it over wirelessly.
You can make suggestions for e-books and downloadable audiobooks directly in OverDrive.
To recommend items to the library:
- Search the library's digital collection.
- On the results page, select Recommend to library under the "Availability" filter. Titles in the OverDrive catalog that the library doesn't own will be added to your results.
- A "Not Owned" banner and a "Recommend" link will show for unowned items. Click "Recommend" to recommend a title
- If prompted, sign in.
- If prompted, enter and confirm your email address. Then, click "Recommend".
- If the library buys the title, you'll be added to its wait list and receive an email when your hold is available.
You can have up to 15 holds on e-books and e-audiobooks in OverDrive or on the Libby app.
E-books and e-audiobooks can be checked out for up to 21 days.
Electronic items are automatically returned at the end of their borrowing period.