Download e-books for your mobile device.
OverDrive / Libby
Libby, from OverDrive
E-books from OverDrive
Frequently Asked Questions
To check out e-books or e-audiobooks in the Libby app or on the OverDrive website, you need:
- a Saint Paul Public Library card, or
- a library card from the Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, or Washington County Library that has been registered with Saint Paul Public Library.
E-books for Kindles are available from OverDrive. Please note that note that not all titles are available in the Kindle format.
The basics of borrowing an e-book from OverDrive for your Kindle are:
- Log in to OverDrive using your library card number
- Find a book and check it out.
- Use the “send to Kindle” option to open up your Amazon account in a new window.
- Choose your Kindle device and click the button to send it over wirelessly.
More information from OverDrive about borrowing e-books for Kindles.
You can make suggestions for e-books and e-audiobooks directly in OverDrive.
To recommend items to the library:
- Search the library's digital collection.
- On the results page, select Recommend to library under the "Availability" filter. Titles in the OverDrive catalog that the library doesn't own will be added to your results.
- A "Not Owned" banner and a "Recommend" link will show for unowned items. Click "Recommend" to recommend a title
- If prompted, sign in.
- If prompted, enter and confirm your email address. Then, click "Recommend".
- If the library buys the title, you'll be added to its wait list and receive an email when your hold is available.
You can have up to 15 holds on e-books and e-audiobooks in OverDrive or on the Libby app.
E-books and e-audiobooks can be checked out for up to 21 days.
Electronic items are automatically returned at the end of their borrowing period.
Beginning February 1, 2023, passwords will be required for OverDrive and the Libby app.