Building off the library’s 2022 Strategic Direction, the Facilities Direction presents a vision and recommendations for Saint Paul Public Library’s facilities.
- The Facilities Direction includes recommendations for system-wide technology and play-based learning.
- The Facilities Direction focuses on three branches that have not been renovated in more than 30 years: Hamline Midway, Hayden Heights, and Riverview libraries.
- A community engagement process reached 1,680 people by online survey and over 53 community members at three neighborhood forums.
- The Facilities Direction is not a detailed implementation plan or branch-by-branch facility design.
Sign up for the library's email newsletter to get the latest information related to the Facilities Direction.
- Community engagement to inform SPPL facilities direction
Share community-informed facilities vision and recommendations with City leaders + community
Make limited, budget-approved mechanical and electrical improvements and other repairs
Community engagement to inform decisions on future project proposals
- Funding secured for design work for Hayden Heights renovation and a limited number of additional MEP upgrades
Work with The Friends + City partners on capital fundraising strategy
Submit project proposals for CIB and other funding