Building off the library’s 2022 Strategic Direction, the Facilities Direction presents a vision and recommendations for Saint Paul Public Library’s facilities.
The Facilities Direction includes recommendations for system-wide technology and play-based learning.
The Facilities Direction focuses on three branches that have not been renovated in more than 30 years: Hamline Midway, Hayden Heights, and Riverview libraries.
A community engagement process reached 1,680 people by online survey and over 53 community members at three neighborhood forums.
The Facilities Direction is not a detailed implementation plan or branch-by-branch facility design.
- Community engagement to inform SPPL Facilities Direction
- Share community-informed facilities vision and recommendations with City of Saint Paul leaders and community
- Make limited, budget-approved mechanical and electrical improvements and other repairs
- Funding secured for design work for Hayden Heights renovation and a limited number of additional mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) system upgrades
- Community engagement to inform decisions on future project proposals (delayed to 2021 due to COVID-19)
- 2021: Submit project proposals for the City’s Capital Investments Budget (CIB) process and other funding
- Work with The Friends and City of Saint Paul partners on capital fundraising strategy