Discover our favorite books and apps, matched to your child's age and interests.
Books & Reading
Watch and read along with video storybooks!
BookFlix pairs classic fictional video storybooks with nonfiction e-books to reinforce reading skills and develop essential real-world knowledge and understanding.
Four unique and engaging paths for learning for pre-kindergarten through grade 2.
- Play: interactive games that build early literacy and math skills.
- Read: animated e-books introduce young learners to fundamental concepts while building language, critical thinking, and comprehension skills.
- Create: illustrate concepts or create a fun drawing.
- Explore: investigate biomes of the world and their distinctive characteristics.
An Indie Author Project Select Collection.
This collection features a growing number of curated children's eBooks from top indie authors and illustrators. From beautifully illustrated picture books to award-winning middle grades fiction, there is something for parents and children of all interest and reading levels.
In this exciting compilation of titles for young readers, children will learn and explore fun, vibrant books on a wide range of topics.
In this diverse collection of titles, middle-grade readers will find books on a variety of educational and entertaining topics.
Guide to reading for elementary and middle school students.
Find award-winners, recommended reads, author biographies, and more.
E-books and e-audiobooks for kids and teens.
To check out OverDrive e-books, you need:
- a Saint Paul Public Library card, or
- a library card from the Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, or Washington County Library that has been registered with Saint Paul Public Library.