We have a link to the Classic Catalog at the bottom of every page because there are a few things that the old catalog can do that the new site cannot. See the list of those features at the end of this post. The old catalog will continue to be available as long as possible.
Use the new catalog to:
- Find what you're looking for at the top of your search results.
- Use natural language to search, like new mysteries, new spanish dvds, kids movies, and stephen king (instead of king, stephen).
- Easily filter your search results by location, newness, genre, age level, format, language, etc.
- See if e-books are available and check them out without going to the OverDrive or cloudLibrary websites.
- Save complex searches narrowed down to just what you're looking for.
Find and share what you're interested in
- Find lists of similar books, movies, and music added by staff and patrons from libraries. There are many great lists to explore, and you can make your own, too!
- See reviews and ratings from other users, and add your own.
- See content notices and age suitability ratings.
- See video reviews and book trailers.
Personalize your account
- Keep track of your e-book and physical items on hold or checked out in the same place.
- Add items to your For Later shelf to keep a "wish list" of things to read, watch, or listen to.
- Add items you haven't borrowed from the library to your Completed shelf.
- Make a profile that shows off your unique ratings and areas of interest
Use the Classic Catalog when you want to:
- Get preferred search email notices.
- Browse nearby subject headings for subject searches.
- Browse by call number for call number searches.
- Find known items using exact title criteria.
- Pay a library fine (the new site links to the old site if you choose to pay library fines online).