The library's new catalog has several tools available to share information.
Your Borrowing information (Checked Out, On Hold, and Fees) is always private. Your Private Notes and Personal Tags for any title will always be private.
What is private and what is visible in the new catalog?
- Borrowing information, including items Checked Out, items On Hold, and Fees.
- Account information (name, address, email, phone)
- Card number and password
- Private notes and personal tags on catalog records
On catalog records (identified by username only):
- Similar Titles
- Age Suitability
If you don’t want your username to show up anywhere, don't add any of these things to a catalog record.
Private or shared
- My Collections (Shelves) – Completed, In Progress, For Later
- Activity Feed
- Lists – when publishing a list, you can choose to share the list or keep it visible only to you.
In the Log In/My SPPL box, select My Settings.
Under Privacy, follow the links for My Shelves and My Feeds and choose your settings.
If you are making a list, you can make the list private as well. When you are finished editing a list, choose "Only me" from the "Who can see your list?" menu.
You can also make individual items private. Go to your Completed Shelf (or any other shelf, wherever the item is) and select Add Details to the right of the item to be edited. In the dropdown list of options, check "Keep this item private".
In the Catalog
If you have marked your Shelves as private, you can make individual titles visible when you rate or comment on them.