If You Need Immediate Help
If you or someone you care for is experiencing a mental health crisis that requires immediate attention:
- Dial 9-1-1
- Call or Text the Minnesota Crisis Line (free, available 24/7):
- Text “MN” to 741741 or dial **274747
- Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Talk to a Social Worker
The Library Social Worker, Ruby Rivera, LICSW, provides one-on-one assistance and expert referral on topics such as:
- Shelter/Housing Options
- Mental Health/Short Term Counseling
- Food / SNAP Benefits
- Government Resources
- Community Resources
- Legal Resources
Drop-In Video Counseling
- Mondays, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
- Thursdays, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Stop in at the library and use an iPad and study room to be connected immediately to Ruby.
Schedule an Appointment
Call 651-300-9305 (Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.) or complete the form below to submit a request for assistance. Please expect a response within 2-3 business days.