Get Text and Email Notifications
Sign up to receive notifications from the Saint Paul Public Library by email and/or text message.
After you sign up, you will receive:
- Notices when you have items on hold that are ready for you to pick up.
- "Courtesy notices" as reminders three days before your items are due back at the library (courtesy notices are only available by email or text; they are not available by telephone call).
- Notice of overdue items.
Sign Up and Set Your Preferences
It’s easy to sign up for text and email notifications.
2 - Click the "Modify personal information" link.
3 - In the pop-up window that opens, you can:
- Choose to receive library notices by telephone or email.
- Update your email address or phone numbers.
- Opt in to text message alerts.
Enter your information and click the "Submit" button to update your preferences.
Managing Text Message Alerts
Short Code Information
All SPPL text message alerts originate from short codes 82453 or 35143.
To get help, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also request our contact information from your mobile phone at any time by sending a text message with the word HELP to 82453 or 35143
Opt In/Opt-Out info
Opt in to receive text alerts using the steps described above (library staff cannot opt you into text alerts).
To opt out, send a text message with the word STOP, STOP ALL, END, QUIT, CANCEL or UNSUBSCRIBE to 82453 or 35143 from your mobile phone to be unsubscribed from the service.
You may also opt out by logging into your patron record and updating your patron record.