The Library welcomes guests to learn, explore, and connect. To maintain an enjoyable, respectful environment for all, we require the following from library guests and staff.
Library guests are expected to:
- Respect staff and guests.
- Exhibit behavior that does not disrupt others’ use and enjoyment of the library.
- Use the library Internet in compliance with our Internet Use Policy and Guidelines.
- Minimize cell phone use and speaking volume, particularly when near others.
- Accompany and supervise children or vulnerable adults in their care.
- Respect library and private property.
Library guests will not exhibit prohibited conduct, which includes:
- Smoking, vaping, or consuming alcohol or controlled substances.
- Carrying weapons of any type, excluding any authorized by law.
- Threatening library staff or guests.
- Stealing or vandalism.
- Physical, sexual, or verbal abuse.
- Soliciting or petitioning in the library or on the library grounds.
- Bringing non-service animals into a library or leaving an animal unattended on library property.
- Bringing large items (carts, bicycles, boxes, etc.) that disrupt other guests’ movements. Strollers and equipment used for young children or persons with disabilities are allowed.
Library staff will:
- Do their best to maintain a welcoming, enjoyable atmosphere for all guests.
- Exercise their best judgment in assessing and acting on policy violations.
- Explain library guidelines and policies to guests.
- Reserve the right to inspect bags.