Preparing to Record
Turning the power on/off: turning the unit ON and OFF is easy.
- To turn the unit ON, slide the power switch down for about 1 second.
- To turn the unit OFF, slide the power switch down for about 1 second again.
Disabling the buttons: the buttons can be disabled to prevent recording from being stopped accidentally, for example.
- To disable the buttons, slide the power switch upward to HOLD.
- To enable the use of the buttons again, slide the power switch back to the middle position.
Reducing noise/improving sound quality: The Lo Cut filter can be turned ON or OFF (on back of unit). When ON, the sound of wind and other noise can be reduced.
- Slide the LO CUT switch to ON.
- Slide the AUTO LEVEL switch to ON.
After turning on the unit, you can start recording from the home screen with the press of the record button on the front side of the device (circle with red dot).
- Press the record button to start recording (recording time appears on the screen).
- press the record button again to stop recording and return to the home screen.
- Press the Play/Pause button (on the right side of the device) to create a track mark as you record.
- After you finished recording, you can hit the Play/Pause button on the right side of the device to play the last recorded file.
- Use the Fast Forward/Rewind buttons during playback to select files.
- Press the record button to return to the home screen.
- Press the Trashcan button on the right side of the device during playback of the file you want to delete.
- Press the record button to confirm. Press Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, or Trashcan buttons to cancel the deletion.