One Kit. Hundreds of ways to tell your story.
Featuring a fun, easy-to-use set of audiovisual and artistic tools, telling your story has never been easier. Visit your local branch to check one of these kits out for up to three weeks!
Polaroid Cube+ Wifi
Record HD 1440p video with a 124° wide-angle lens, and a built-in battery that records up to 90 minutes. Weatherproof and now with WiFi and a mobile app (available on Android and iOS).
Magic Wand Scanner
A portable scanner that can capture images up to 900 dpi. Use this to scan family photos and documents.
Zoom H1 Recorder
Professional-quality stereo recording that fits in your pocket. Use this to interview family and friends.
Leda Sketchbook and art supplies
Professional artist sketchbooks with thick 81-pound paper. Use up to one page of the sketchbook for your visual journal entry. Colorful pens and sketching pencils are also included in the kit.
Where can you check them out?
StoryKits are available for check out at:
- Arlington Hills Community Center
- George Latimer Central Library
- Riverview Library
- Rondo Community Library
- Saint Anthony Park Library
StoryKits can only be reserved in-person at the library.
Reformatting SD Cards
All of the electronic tools included in the StoryKit use Micro SD cards to save files on the device. After transferring files to a computer for safekeeping, it's important that we reformat the SD cards to permanently delete files remaining on the device. This helps protect patron privacy and ensures that these devices have adequate storage room for the next story you capture. Follow these easy steps to reformat.
- Insert your micro SD card into a micro SD card adapter or reader compatible with your micro SD card.
- Insert the card reader or adapter into a USB port or SD card slot on your Windows computer.
- Click on the Start menu and select "Computer" or "My Computer".
- Right-click on your card reader in the list of drives and select "Format". A window displaying formatting options will display on-screen.
- Place a checkmark next to "Quick Format". If you were able to click the "Format" option, a box will appear with several options including "Quick Format". Check that box for best results.
- Click on the “Start” button. Your computer will begin to format your micro SD card and erase all its contents. Once formatting is complete you will have a blank, newly formatted micro SD card for use.
By submitting your story via StoryKit you are agreeing to the Digital Scrapbook User Agreement.
- By contributing to the SPPL Digital Scrapbook site, you grant the Saint Paul Public Library the right to make your contribution publicly available, to copy it for preservation, and to distribute it for non-commercial purposes.
- The Saint Paul Public Library is under no obligation to post a story or photo that may violate federal law or Library policies.
- The copyright and any related rights to stories or photos contributed to the site are the sole responsibility of the contributors.
StoryKit Use Agreement form - for Library staff use when checking out a StoryKit