Pick up your requested items.
Check out books, DVDs, music, and more.
Copy, scan, fax, and express print.
Return library items.
Due to safety practices & limited library hours, it may take several days for your items to be checked in.
Get a library card.
LOCATIONS & HOURS
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE
When you arrive at the library, you will be greeted by staff who will answer any questions you have and will help everyone use the library safely.
Library staff will be wearing a mask, and all visitors are required to wear masks too.
If you forget your mask, we will be happy to give one to you.
To keep everyone safe, please stay six feet apart from others.
We are limiting the number of people allowed in our buildings at one time, so please keep your visit brief.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are happy to welcome you back to the library. At this time, we’re offering limited services which include picking up holds, checking out items, and using copy, fax, scan and printing services. Because your health and safety are important to us, we are limiting the number of visitors in the building at one time, and everyone must wear a mask and must stay six feet apart while visiting the library. We ask that you keep your visit brief. Thank you for following guidelines and for your patience and flexibility as we work to reopen our buildings safely.
We are cautiously phasing in branch re-openings, and we will list the open locations and hours on our web page: sppl.org/LibraryExpress
We are taking a number of precautions to limit personal contact and follow social distancing guidelines:
- Limiting the number of patrons in our locations based on square footage
- Reducing our hours to ensure staff have sufficient time for enhanced cleaning
- Eliminating seating and asking patrons to keep visits short
- Reducing the number of computers available for express printing only
- Providing distancing markers
- Requiring staff to wear masks
- Requiring all visitors over age 5, and encouraging children ages 3-5, to wear masks that cover nose and mouth; if you do not have a mask, we will provide one
- Using Plexiglas shields at selected service points
- Advising staff to limit interactions to fewer than 10 minutes
- Quarantining returned library materials
- Increasing frequency of cleaning high-touch areas
- Providing hand-sanitizing stations and encouraging frequent hand washing
Please help us keep our staff and others safe by:
- Staying home if you’re experiencing symptoms of any illness
- Wearing a mask to cover your nose and mouth; if you don’t have one, we will provide disposable masks
- Washing or sanitizing your hands frequently; we’re providing hand sanitizer at all locations
- Respecting social distancing guidelines and keeping your visit short
- Following the instructions of library staff
Yes. You may be asked to wait in line until we have space for additional patrons. While in line, please follow social distancing guidelines and keep six feet between you and other patrons. A staff member will let you know when you may enter the library.
Yes, we’re requiring all visitors to wear masks that cover nose and mouth. Per state mandate, children ages 2 and under should never wear a face covering due to risk of suffocating. Children ages 3-5 are encouraged to wear face coverings if they are able to do so in compliance with CDC guideline, i.e. without frequent touching or removal of the covering.
If you forget your mask, we will provide one for you.
Staff must also wear masks.
OTHERS SERVICES AVAILABLE
Career Lab workforce services and support to job seekers.
Reference help available by phone -- 651-266-7000 -- or online.
Access our Digital Library.
Find a Bookmobile stop near you.