Get an eCard to access electronic resources available from the Library, including music downloads, e-books, digital magazines, online learning, test preparation, and skill-building resources.
- You must be a resident of the City of Saint Paul, MN to apply for an eCard.
- If the residency information cannot be verified, the registration will not be accepted.
- Registrations that do not provide the required information will be deleted.
- After you submit your information and that information has been verified, a page will display your eCard barcode.
- Your eCard should be ready to use with all online services in one to two business days.
- If you include your email address, we will notify you of the barcode number.
- If you do not include an email address, please call the library at 651-266-7000 to get your barcode number.
Using Your eCard
- Your eCard number will work with many of the library’s online services immediately.
- Library staff needs to do some “behind the scenes” work to make sure your eCard number works with other services, including OverDrive and Cloud Library e-books.
If you have already registered with the Saint Paul Public Library, you do not need to complete this form.
Do not use this form if you are already registered but have lost your card. Visit any library location for a replacement.
Convert an eCard to a Full Library Card
eCards can be used for electronic resources only. eCards cannot be used to place holds or to check out items from the library. To convert an eCard into a full library card, visit any Saint Paul Public Library location.
If you have questions, please call 651-266-7000 or email CirculationCenter@ci.stpaul.mn.us.
This form records personal data: name, address, phone number, birth date and email address. This information is considered to be private information according to Minnesota Statute Chapter 13. The information is used verify you are a customer of the library for vendors of electronic services to which the library subscribes. If the data for name, address and birth date (month, day, year) is not provided, the library will not be able to issue you an eCard. If the data for phone number and email address is not provided, while helpful in allowing the library to better identify your record and provide you with library notices the Library will still issue you an eCard. The data will be used for library purposes only and will not be disclosed to non-library personnel unless required to collect unpaid debts to the library or pursuant to a court order.