The Youth Services department at George Latimer Central Library will be unavailable to the public for all of September 2019 for the installation of new carpet and painting. The Bremer Community Room, located on the first floor, will house a temporary browsing collection of youth materials during this time, but most children’s and teen items will be unavailable to the public. Here's what you need to know about the upcoming renovations.
- Youth Services will be unavailable for the entire month of September 2019 for renovations, including the installation of new carpet and painting. Thank you for your patience as we refresh this treasured and heavily-used community space!
- All Youth Services programming, including Saturday Live and storytime, will be suspended during September. We encourage you to visit the library’s online calendar to find activities for children and families at other locations. You can download the library’s early learning calendar at sppl.org/calendars for more information.
- A temporary curated browsing collection of youth materials will be available in the Otto Bremer Community Room (1st floor), Tuesdays-Fridays, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- September due dates for children’s materials will be extended to October 16.
- Online educator requests cannot be placed from August 19-September 30. Educators are encouraged to visit or call their local library branch to place an educator request while Youth Services is closed.
- George Latimer Central Library will remain open while the Youth Services department is renovated.