As students return for the school year, know that the library is here to help! We have a number of high-quality, free resources that students can use to support their learning goals. The following resources were selected by SPPL's children's specialists and Homework Center coordinators. Learn more below.
Many of these resources require a library card, so make sure you have yours handy, or you know your Library Go number.
Student Resources in Context is interactive, current and easy to navigate. It has reliable sources designed to have “cross-curricular content aligned to national and state curriculum standards and reinforces the development of skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, collaboration, creativity, and innovation.”
Help Guides and Video Tutorials:
- https://www.gale.com/c/student-resources-in-contextopens a new window
- https://support.gale.com/training/videos/suicopens a new window
Gale IStudent Edition has authoritative digital content with full-text articles for middle and high school students. The search functions allow users to browse in a variety of ways including subject, title, Lexile level, date published, among others.
Explora Kids and Teens created by EBSCO provide reliable information on a wide range of subjects. Articles have audio options available.
- Youth: https://help.ebsco.com/interfaces/Explora/Training_Promotion/Explora_Primary_Users_Tutorial
- Teens: https://help.ebsco.com/interfaces/Explora/Training_Promotion/Tutorial
Learning Express Library has online tutorials, practice tests, and e-books for learners of all ages. It provides practical training and skill building for college admissions tests, GED study, elementary through college students and more!
Quick Start Guide:
- https://help.ebsco.com/interfaces/LearningExpress/All_Products/EBSCO_LearningExpress_Quick_Start_Guideopens a new window
Live online help from expert tutors, available every day, 1-11 p.m. Other services available 24/7. Available in English, Spanish, and French.
When students are at a Saint Paul Public Library location, no library card is necessary to access Brainfuse HelpNowopens a new window.