“Art changes people, and people change the world.” ~John Butler
Calling all writers, poets and artists! Are you interested in having your stories, poetry, songs, comics or artwork published in a book?
This year’s topic is Our Climate Crisis. Contribute to Read Brave Voices where we look at a topic that affects our community through your eyes. Selected pieces will be published and available through the Saint Paul Public Library.
Express yourself through:
- Short stories
Submissions accepted January 15 - April 7. Open to middle and high school students.
- What do you think our future will look like when our climate changes drastically?
- What would happen if we ran out of water, gas, energy or food?
- What would school be like if we had wild weather that meant you couldn’t travel?
- What is your connection to the natural world?
- What are your fears or hopes around our climate crisis?
- Describe a place or an experience in nature.
- How do you think past generations have failed you?
- What actions do you think we need to take?
Createch Songwriting with Dan Israel at Arlington Hills Community Center (1200 Payne Ave.)
- Thursday, February 6, 4-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 13, 4-5:40 p.m.