This year marks the launch of the new Minnesota Author Project: Communities Create contest. Brought to you by the Minnesota Library Foundation and libraries throughout the state, this contest seeks to celebrate Minnesota organizations and communities that are producing written creative works. If your group has a short story collection coming out of a classroom, a local history book by a team of librarians, a poetry anthology from a writers group, a cookbook crafted by a local foodie society, or anything in between, this contest is for you.
Each book that is submitted to the contest must be:
- Created by a Minnesota based organization
- Nonprofits, libraries, schools, writers groups, historical societies, etc. are all eligible
- One member may submit on behalf of their organization
- A recommended minimum length of 10,000 words or 20 pages
- Available in either ePub or PDF format
The winning organization will receive:
- $1,000 cash prize
- Honors at the 2020 Minnesota Library Conference
- Honorary plaque
- Printing of the winning book
- Opportunity to have the winning book available throughout the state in the Indie Minnesota collection
Media promotion throughout Minnesota
Learn more and submit your work at https://indieauthorproject.librariesshare.com/minnesota-creates/
Submissions will be accepted through May 31, 2020.