Reading Mentoring for Saint Paul Students Grades 1-5
The Reading Together program nurtures a child's pleasure in reading. Students and trained mentors meet weekly, one-on-one, to work on grade-level reading skills.
- be in grades 1-5
- read just below grade level
- live in or attend school in Saint Paul
- have a teacher's signature included on the application
Applications are closed for 2016-17.
Reading Together follows the Saint Paul Public Schools calendar. Pairs meet for one-hour sessions Monday - Thursday 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. and on weekends.
Student and Parent Commitment
Students must arrive on time at the library and attend one-hour, weekly sessions during the 2016-2017 school year. Parents are also expected to remain in the library while their child is tutored.
For more information about Reading Together: Contact Matthew Metzdorf  or call 651-266-7437.
Volunteer Reading Mentors
The mission of the Reading Together program is to foster enjoyment in reading while boosting reading skills.
Reading Together mentors must:
- be at least 16 years old
- be proficient in reading and writing
- have a keen interest in helping children succeed
- commit to meet one hour per week throughout the school year
- attend a required, free training
- submit to a background check