Fun, engaging art and technology workshops for kids this Spring Break. Best for ages 8-12.
Clay Workshops (registration suggested because of limited space)
Hands-on clay workshops presented by Northern Clay Center. Kids can pick up their creations the week following each workshop.
- Saint Anthony Park: April 3, 1-3 p.m.
- Arlington Hills: April 6, 1-3 p.m.
- Merriam Park: April 7, 2-4 p.m.
Media Arts Workshops
Technology-infused workshops that teach kids how to create art through the use of new media and technology. Presented by Saint Paul Public Schools' DigitalWorks program.
- Rice Street: April 3, 1-3 p.m.
- Rice Street: April 4, 2-4 p.m.
Creating Animated Stories
- Rice Street: April 5, 1-3 p.m.
Geometric Patterning in Islamic Art
- Rondo: April 3, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Rondo: April 4, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Rondo: April 5, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Digital Music Composition
- Rondo: April 6, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Rondo: April 7, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Rice Street: April 7, 1-3 p.m.
- Rice Street: April 8, 3-5 p.m.
Build basic art skills and learn about stewardship for the environment, as artists guide kids through fun and creative art making experiences. Presented by ArtStart.
Japanese Zen Gardens
- George Latimer Central: April 3, 2-4 p.m.
- Dayton's Bluff: April 4, 1-3 p.m.
Bangle & Beads
- Highland Park: April 4, 1-3 p.m.
Goin' Buggy with BugBots
- Riverview: April 4, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Sun Ray: April 5, 2-4 p.m.
- Hamline Midway: April 3, 3-5 p.m.
- West 7th: April 6, 1-3 p.m.
Cookies & Canvas - Currently full! A waitlist is available.
Hayden Heights: April 8, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Does your child have the itch to be artistic? Come to Cookies and Canvas lead by Alyssa Costopoulos. Children will be guided step-by-step through the process of creating a beautiful canvas painting. Enjoy milk, juice and cookies while they wait for the painting to dry! Open to ages 8-14. Join the waitlist.
This series was made possible by funding from the Minnesota Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund. Special thanks to Saint Paul Public Schools' DigitalWorks program.